The Way of the Cross 2016 Replenished my Faith

By Muchiri Muchoki

Simon of Cyrene and Jesus

This year, I was saying my Way of the Cross at the Holy Family Minor Basilica in Nairobi. I have done that a number of years now, and there is one station that has refused to get out of my system; the Fifth Station of the Cross - 'Simon of Cyrene Helps Jesus to Carry the Cross'

This station has remained profound, in me as ever, for many reasons. One of them is that I meet a Christ who tastes a hand of help, at a critical hour. A human hand of held, but help, all the same.

Every time I reflect upon this station, I mumble a small prayer to Christ, that He may also come and give me that Divine hand of help, when all my human strength can no longer move the crosses that I encounter in my life.

Comments